Friday, March 27, 2009

Even princesses have bad hair days...

























Does anyone else ever get tired of feeling like you have to have it together all the time? I know I feel that pressure alot around here and I get so dang tired of it. I'm in a Beth Moore study right now (i know, isn't everybody?) on Esther and it is fantastic and a gift from above. She said something last night that i had to share with my ladies because I know we all feel inadequate in some way at some time. Beth said that she has these three verses written on a notecard faceup on her desk where she sees them everyday. Here they are:

Col 2:10 And you are complete in him, who is the head of all rule and authority.

SoS 7:10 I am my beloved's, and he longs for me.

Psalm 90:17 And let the beauty of the LORD our God be on us.

I don't know about ya'll but I love this reassurance from my Lord that he makes me complete, I don't need anything else. And that the "beauty of the Lord is on me". Now that gives me confidence. The Lord's beauty is eternal while this earthly "beauty" is getting gray hair and having to wax in places i don't care to mention, and wearing out that leg press machine at the gym trying to keep my hiney from going any further south (and ya'll i'm getting real here) tries to convince aaron every year that our tax return should be used to get me some boobs. Thank you Lord for allowing me to share in your beauty!

I hope you girlies can get some encouragement from Beth's words as well, because hey, even princesses have bad hair days :). I know I will probably be reading them everyday....................................twice..........................................ok, maybe three times.

A note on the picture of Ariel...Aaron was in the bathroom helping abbey potty and I heard abbey saying "I don't like thaaaaaaaaaat. I don't like thaaaaaat." They came out and aaron showed me what she was upset about. It was the Ariel doll without her hair. So being the super mom I am I just glued her right back together and set her on the counter to dry. Four or five hours later I came back to check her. She seemed fine so I said "Hey girls! It looks like Ariel is back in the game!" I don't know what came over me at that moment but I decided to throw ariel from the kitchen to the living room. She left my hand and shot straight into the ceiling in the kitchen. Her hair fell off again right there in front of the girls. Then my loving husband said, "Hon, it's a wonder you ever started varsity for anything in high school. You threw that like you've never thrown anything in your life."

He sometimes forgets that I'm a rockstar.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Aud - the girls are probably scarred for life now. That hairless Ariel is S-C-A-R-Y!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the scripture they read in morning worship this morning, Joshua 1:8. "Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful." It made me think, because I study the Bible every day, but sometimes I get up and forget what I just did. I need to have a verse I can keep in my heart (on my lips?) throughout the day somehow. That might also help me with memorizing, because I stink at that.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete