Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sometimes you just gotta roll with the punches...

Day 4 of things not going the way i thought they would is mercifully coming to a close. Let me just give you a little run down...

Wednesday: Decided I needed a manicure. And by manicure I mean the free kind...done by yours truly. So, I took the fingernail polish off of my fingernails and then got distracted.

Thursday: I trimmed the fingernails on my right hand while standing in Aaron's office and then had to leave to go pick up the girls from preschool.

Friday: Friday began a two day mission to get some work finished on the house. We worked ALL day. And went to lowes about 345 times. And somehow we managed to take two steps backwards.
Friday night I made dinner...spaghetti and asparagus. Not thinking I could handle the tears when Abbey saw something unfamiliar on her plate, I straight up bribed the kids. THIS, I might add, worked like a charm. I told them if they ate their asparagus, I would take them to get ice cream. They totally fell for it. Ainsley even actually liked it.



I think it was at this point that I stole one of grampa's sayings and told the girls the asparagus would put hair on their chests. Then Aaron raised his shirt and said, "See?" The girls were impressed. I won't go into too many details but the conversation ended with Alivia saying, "See, I have two niffles (nipples)." Quality.

So then i take the girls to Braums for their ice cream and for the life of me I can not order 2 single dips of vanilla in cups. It came out "2 dips of vanilla in a cup." I knew that wasn't right, so I start trying to explain what I really mean and the best thing I can come up with is "Ok, that sounded like 1 thing".....(at this point, i just stared helplessly at the drive thru speaker begging her to read my mind).............................Finally, she says, "Oh, you mean 2 single dips in a cup." Me, "YES! YES! THANK YOU! THAT is what i meant."

Saturday: Day 2 of working on the house. But first, I trimmed the nails on my left hand. Manicure complete. That only took 3 days. Also, the girls wanted me to curl their hair. Which I did. And I also took pictures.



Oh, and did I mention, I was trying to learn how to use my camera in the "oh so professional" manual mode? I don't think I need to tell you how that's going. But in case your not sure, I recommend asking Smurfette or the girl without a face.

After 34 more trips to lowes, we where ready to start working on the house again. But not before I got some lunch from Braums. That's right. I went back for more. Here's how it went down this time.

Me:" I'll have a number 12 with a chocolate shake and a medium strawberry freeze."

Drive thru lady: "Ok, a number 12 with a Dr. Pepper and a chocolate shake. And do you want any sausage with that?" (fyi: number 12 is chicken strips...in hind sight she probably said "sauces", but you know what they say about hind sight)

Me: "....ummmmmmmm.....no......."

Finally, made it back home with a number 12, a dr. pepper and a medium strawberry freeze. Then we spent the rest of our day working on the house. If you walked in my house right now, you would think that the result of two days of work was 1 roman shade being hung in the kitchen. That's right friends...It looks like it took us two days to put 4 screws in the wall.

So, I think that just about sums it up! In spite of all the hiccups, we've had a great couple of days getting to spend time together. Looking forward to more of the same tomorrow :)

4 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog...and laughing! Thanks for helping me remember that the Grounds household isn't as abnormal as I think it is :)Our week has been a comedy as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU for sharing...its nice to know that other people have days/weeks that nothing goes according to plan! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited that you are going to do the challenge and I don't care that I am "linked"! So, I obviously need a camera and I was wondering which one you are figuring out so maybe we can figure it out together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These stories are a lot funnier when I read them on your blog than when I live them in real time. Thanks for helping me see them in a different light...love you!

    ReplyDelete