Sunday, March 6, 2011

I PROMISE we talk about things besides reproduction...

but, while we are on that subject, I have to share with you Ainsley's take on how you know the sex of a baby.

We were saying our prayer tonight before the girls went to bed. We had asked what they wanted to pray for. We do that because we have found that if we don't, they tend to thank God for everything in sight, twice, in an attempt to stay up late.

So, Aaron mentioned that some friends of ours are expecting a baby and that we should pray for them. We started discussing if it was a boy or a girl. Aaron talked about how they do an ultrasound to determine the sex. Ainsley asked "Well, how do they know if its a boy or a girl?" For some reason, I decided this was a good time to establish what distinguishes boys from girls so I said, "Well, Ainsley, how do we know that you are a girl?"

She replies, "Well.....I have long hair.....and I've already popped out."

OK, yes, but God also made boys and girls different and we proceed to talk about different body parts (ifyouknowwhatimeanandithinkyoudo). To which she replies, "well that's clever."

Side comment from Aaron: Yes it is!

-------------

Also, I went to wal-mart tonight to get a few things and as I was racing past the toiletries section, some loud talking caught my attention. I glanced over just in time to see a guy grab a can of spray deodorant off of the shelf, turn to walk away with his wife, take the lid off of the deodorant, raise up his shirt, and apply the deodorant leaving a massive right guard fog in his wake. Really? That couldn't have waited until you got to the car? On the other hand, if I cared that little about what other people thought about me, I would probably have a whole lot less stress in my life :) Maybe I'll try that next time I'm in Walmart.

3 comments:

  1. yesterday, jonas said that i should ask daddy if i was pregnant. um, what was that? don't you think i would know?

    "well, it's hard to see your own belly from where you're standing. but daddy can see it from across the room, so he can tell you if it's getting fat or not."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet Ains. Such a funny girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ainsley is so funny! I miss seeing you & your sweet girls! Love you guys

    ReplyDelete