Tuesday, March 8, 2011

If you buy your maple syrup at the store...

STOP IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!! I am here to tell you that once you make my Mema's maple syrup you will never go back to store bought. Never. Nev-ver. Here it is...

2 cups sugar
1 cup water
1/2 tsp maple flavoring

Put it in a sauce pan on high and take it off as soon as it boils. And consider your life changed.

Our family of 5 can usually take that whole amount down when we have pancakes. If you have left over or just want to have some on hand you can store it in rubbermaid thingy with a lid.

Soo good and sooo easy.

And I can't leave without one story about Ainsley today. She just keeps supplying me with good material. I was getting her ready for bed tonight and I told her as soon as she got ready she could read a book in bed. She looks at me with wide eyes, grabs my cheeks, and says "MY ONLY ESCAPE!" Apparently it is a tortured life she leads.

And finally, get your boots out cause I'm considering a post on Lent and it's gonna be deep. Well, deep for me. Considering I'm usually on the verge of falling into the proverbial gutter.

Alright, now go make some syrup :)


No comments:

Post a Comment