Friday, February 4, 2011

snow day #10394586

For real. It is starting to feel that way. I have not left this house since Monday. I have highlighted my hair, cut aaron's hair, crocheted three hats, cooked, done laundry, and thought about what i might do if I actually got the chance to get out. Our neighbors have a truck and have been able to get out a few times. They called last night to see if they could get us anything. Aaron and I had to think about it for about half a second. Really, we didn't have to think about it at all. A coke and a dr pepper...STAT. I was expecting a single serving but when they walked in the door with 4 2 liters, you might could've heard me and aaron singing the Hallelujah chorus throughout the neighborhood.


It snowed here again for most of the day today...



Here is one of the hats I crocheted...



Let me just tell you a few things about my crocheting skills. 1) I crocheted scarves for my mom and sisters for Christmas. Beth did not believe I had done it. I think mom actually had to tell Beth that she had witnessed me doing it. 2) My first attempt at this hat yielded a hat that my entire family could have worn at the same time.


I made this chicken pot pie for dinner last night.


Partly because I was bored, and partly because about 1% of me thought it might actually fool the girls into trying it, I put those gingerbread men on top. Abbey was quick to point out that 1) gingerbread men are for Christmas, which it is not. And 2) The gingerbread men are great but I am only eating that if I like what's under there. I REALLY hope she is this hard to fool when she is old enough to date.

4 comments:

  1. You'll have to forgive my skepticism at your crocheting skills. The last time I'd seen you participating in that particular activity you were making 16 foot long chains. :) Wanna make me a hat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I would love to :) Do you want one that you and nathan can wear together? It would be super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For real???? When I saw the first picture I thought it was a joke. Like you stole a picture from Etsy, and it was going to say "No seriously, here's the hat I made" and something more...ya' know...homely. I am seriously impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Desperate times girls! I found some videos on you tube that show you how to do it. And I had that flower already...I just clipped it on there.

    ReplyDelete