Sunday, February 6, 2011

My favorite things Monday...



I'm excited to be joining a linky party! I found this blog through my sister's blog. Abby at Graduate "Extraordinaire" is having a "My favorite things Monday" linky party.

So, onward!

Sometimes I just need a little something to make me feel like I haven't gone so far down the "mom style" road I'll never make it back. Honestly, I often walk out of the house and think, This is EXACTLY what Clinton and Stacy make fun of people for wearing out of the house! I really hope no one in my family has contacted them! Oh wait, I forgot. My fingernails are painted black. I got this.

See? Who cares if I had on a bass pro shop ball cap, my husbands xl fleece, leggings, and my target "uggs" (oh yes I did). I had my fingernails painted black. You can't argue with black fingernail polish people.

So here it is...my secret weapon...able to transform bad style and blah moods in a single coat (well maybe two, but you know what I mean).





It's OPI Lincoln Park After Dark. It looks brownish in this picture but it is actually dark, dark purple. It makes me feel edgy...kind of like a rock star...even though I'm really not. And my man loves it :)

Take it from my good friend Kim...

And here are a few more of my friends who love black polish...







ALL the cool girls are doing it! And remember what your mother told you, "If everyone jumped off of a cliff"...wait a second. Really, though, this is a completely harmless and fun bandwagon to jump on girls. Everyone have a great Monday :)

Audrey

2 comments:

  1. What a coincidence! I just painted my nails black yesterday...it's so true that it makes you feel just a bit "cooler." I teach and my Kindergartners were all so shocked. They thought something bad had happened to my hands. Haha, it was hilarious.

    Thanks for linking up! I'm happy to have a new "blog friend"! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I haven't looked in a mirror since sometime last March. I definitely need to step up my game and try some black polish! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete