Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I'm still here...

And while things have been rather uneventful here, the real reason I haven't been posting (because I know you are all wondering) is the computer issue. It is still not working. I'm actually typing this as fast as I can while aaron is in the bathroom because he really needs to be paying bills on this thing. But, I didn't want my faithful followers to thing I had forgotten about them. So, here is a quick update on what's going on around here.

  • ainsley lost her second tooth. the "tooth fairy" forgot and was awakened to "Mom! the tooth fairy didn't come and I was so excited about it."
  • alivia turned three and we took that as our cue to throw away the paci. First day back to preschool sans paci, I asked how school was. Alivia says "I miss my paci at school mama." As a side note, I think she is in the anger stage of paci loss. I tried to give her a teddy, and her blanket to day at naptime. Not only did she refuse the comfort objects, she also refused the nap thank you very much.
  • I was asked by a girl at ainsley's school if I was 7'7. Actually it was less of a question and more of a statement with a whole lot of I know you are 7 feet and 7 inches tall but I'll say it in the form of a question just so i don't sound presumptuous behind it.
  • I finished a book by Lee Smith called On Agate Hill (or something like that) and it was so good. I highly recommend it. It was funny in some parts and sad in others. On of my favorite quotes from the book went something like this "There is a baby Jesus and an adult Jesus. Personally, I prefer the baby Jesus because the adult Jesus "has his eye on the sparrow and I know he watcheth me." I'm pickin up what your puttin down sister.
Well, unfortunately (or fortunately, cause this post is going nowhere fast) "we" need to go pay bills. And by "we" I definitely mean Aaron.

4 comments:

  1. Your followers are thankful (just like I'm sure at least my mom is now that I am almost caught up on mine)! Love reading about your cute family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered where you'd been. Of course I suppose the same could be said of me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to update mine more often because I know I really enjoy reading everyone elses!! THANKS

    ReplyDelete