Monday, May 18, 2009

Check-up, Garage Sale, and My Most Recent Investment

****This is the second of two posts tonight. I wrote one back in april and just got around to finishing it up and posting it. So scroll down to April 21st for the other one.*****

Hello! So it's been too long again. Things are staying busy around here and I don't get to do this nearly as often as I would like to. I don't really have anything major to blog about but since it's been so long I have a lot of little tid bits you might find interesting or entertaining :).

Alivia had her 15 month checkup today. It went great. She is tall and skinny and can only say three (well 2 for certain) words. Dr. Freed assured me this was normal considering she has two older sisters who are more than happy to speak for her. Here she is at fifteen months. It is possible that I might have given her an oreo to eat while we drove home from the grocery store. Or it is possible that she chose to eat dirt that I was using to fill in holes in the back yard. Or it's possible that both of those things happened within about an hour of each other and I can't remember which event the picture is from.

Speaking of the store. Whenever i can I go to Reasor's because they have the carts with the cars on the front that the kids can get in and drive. It really is a hysterical scene. The girls LOVE to do this. (And what mother doesn't love pushing around what is basically a stretch limo with a squeaky wheel and a bumper sticker that says "this vehicle makes wide turns". Can I get an Amen moms?) So we have been to Reasor's twice in the last 4 days. And both times the same man has talked to the girls while I am checking out. He always says "What are you boys doing?!" And Ainsley and Abbey both look out at him from inside their plastic grocery cart car and do not say a word. Not one. Just staring. Finally, at dinner tonight Ainsley says, "Mom, I think if we were boys that man would have called us girls."

We participated in our neighborhood garage sale this last weekend. I loved it. I love having garage sales. I hate going to them. It just feels sooooo good to get rid of all that stuff. At some point during the day someone in the family tried to sell Alivia for a dollar. Fortunately, we did not have any takers. I think they could tell by looking at her what a little toot she is.

And with the proceeds from the garage sale I am getting this.

(Just the blue stuff. Not the yellowy stuff and for sure not the swans.) I am absolutely thrilled about it. I have been searching high and low for a duvet cover that is pretty, yet not to pretty for a man to sleep under..."in", yet not so "in" that it will be out in a month...not floral, and not crazy hurt you eyes pattern---(I am sitting here with ains while she watches a movie...she just asked me what a gentleman was. I said "a man who is nice".(That's right. Just call me Audrey Webster) She said "daddy is a gentleman". I just want to squeeze her sometimes.)---anyway, I think you get my drift about the duvet cover.

Please keep comments to yourself unless they are along the lines of "Oh my goodness. That is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. It is classic, timeless, you will love it forever, and it will make aaron feel like a man...kind of. Well, Audrey, it's for sure more manly than that green and pink, flowery, ruffley garden mess you make that poor fellow sleep under right now." Seriously. I've already bought it. And I spent A LOT of money on it. I don't need seeds of doubt. Feel free to copy and paste that quote in your comments.

Finally, we have had two days in a row of great weather. Tonight after dinner the girls got to run around in the yard and play. They had a blast. Here are some pictures of their rosy cheeks :).

Love, Aud :)

2 comments:

  1. OK, that seals the deal. I have to come over there tomorrow. I need to squeeze those little girls and kiss their chubby cheeks!

    ReplyDelete