Sunday, May 31, 2009

Not my best idea ever...Thankyou God for sharpees (This post was not edited so please accept my apologies)





The other day I was a target and decided to get the girls swimsuits. I had a few of the girls with me so I couldn't linger and really think about styles and sizes like i like to do. So, hoping to keep it simple, I quickly decided I would get the girls the exact same swimsuit. I was hoping to avoid the "but I want one like abbey's" or "but, I wanted a pink one too" business. Because you know how it is. Just when you think you've got your kids and their preferences figured out they change them.

So anyway, I buy three of the exact same swimsuit in three different sizes and take them home.
We finally decide it is time to go play in the water so I go to get the swimsuits out and start taking off the price tags. Enter brilliant idea #2 - I think to my self, "Self, you just know that Ainsley is going to say that the tag on the inside is scratchy so lets just go ahead and cut that out. While your at it just cut everybody's tags out so you don't have to run back inside for the scissors when abbey decides that hers is scratchy too."

I was so proud of myself until we decided to play in the water again. The swimsuits were in various stages of dirty clothes basket, dryer, and floor. So I grab a swim suit off of the floor, look at it and think "these all look just alike. I'm going to have to look at the tag to see whose it is...OH WAIT...I cut all those out. OK, well I just find them all and compare them." So I proceed with this plan but can only find two. I put the bigger one on ainsley and the smaller one on abbey. Later I found the third one and discover that Ainsley has on abbey's and abbey has on alivia's. I thought they seemed a little snug.

Next summer=3 different swimsuits and they can wear it or go naked.

Love, Aud :)

By the way, can I get a shout out for our white trash swimming pool? Anybody? Holla.

1 comment:

  1. We played in the same swimming pool this weekend, but ours was a boring white one. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete