Saturday, May 23, 2009

Why Not?

Last Wednesday was just one of those days. You know those days I'm talking about right? Like when you load the kids up in the car and go to sonic just so you can be off your feet for half a second and those precious angels are tied down, er, I mean buckled safely in their car seats and therefore unable to wreak havoc. And just when you think, ahhh, and take a deep breath, you realize that someone has dropped their orange slush in the car and the bottom has busted open. Which results in you running across the sonic parking lot to the trash can in your bare feet with sticky orange slush making tracks down your arm. And of course you have nothing to clean it up with so you head home where you proceed to spill a red slush on the only untouched part of the floorboard. You feel me?

Apparently the memory of that sonic trip had faded enough that when "one of those days" rolled around again last wednesday, I decided once again that an outing was just what the dr. ordered. So for whatever reason we decided to try a place here in tulsa called Kupcakz. We walked in and I just knew that the girls would want this....



I mean it's pink and sparkly. Nuff said.

But instead they ordred this....




Go figure.

So anyway, we get our cupcakes and sit down and start eating. We were just finishing up when the lady came out and asked how we liked our cupcakes. They were delicious and I said as much. Then she noticed that my precious angels had just licked the frosting off and said "Did you know we sell frosting shots? It's a shot glass full of frosting. That way you don't have to buy the whole cupcake."

Well, several things immediatly crossed my mind. First, I was slightly appalled because what would "they" think if "they" knew that I fed my children a shot glass full of frosting?! That quickly gave way to "These people are genius. Where have they been all my life?" I bet that the Kupcakz people would give me permission to give this to abbey for dinner...





You have no idea how much food and elbow grease would be saved if I could do that. Unfortunately, it's against "the rules." Because "they" say that I need to feed my children a healthy balanced diet with lots of veggies. And "they" say to keep offering them to your children even if they continually gag at the mere smell of broccoli (not even kidding). So, I will continue to do what "they" say but every once in a while you can bet we will be found at Kupcakz where "they" have no say and frosting shots are not only allowed but recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment