Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wednesday Night



Note: Yes, I changed the way my blog looks. Yes, it reminds me of bathroom wallpaper. Yes, there is a sentence down there where I used the word "can't" three times. I found it easier to type this disclaimer about my grammar than to actually rework the sentence.
Also, no offense to anyone who eats good food and drinks goats milk :) I really do admire that!


At some point in this parenting adventure, Aaron and I decided that there were some battles that are worth fighting, and some that are not. The main things we decided we would not freak about were food and clothes. Now, we don't just let our children roam around eating candy all day. Nor do we let them leave the house in a pair of white leggings that are at least 6 sizes to small, which has been attempted. Too small white leggings are never a good idea, regardless of your age.

Anyway, here are our thoughts on food...

1. I know that I am supposed to fix wholesome, healthy, meals complete with vegetables from my garden and milk from my goat, and organic, and no preservatives, and something about chickens and steroids and blah, blah, blah. Sounds expensive and time consuming to me and while I'm milking the goat my children are shoving huge wads of toilet paper down the toilet and cutting each others hair.

I know that I am supposed to offer them new foods over and over until they finally decide they like it. I tried that and I just got so tired of throwing untouched food in the trash. Not to mention the crying and the gagging. And then after gagging at the meal you poured your heart and soul into, they eat dry bisquick off the counter and cry when you won't give them more.























Aaron's mom swears she raised him on peanut butter and jelly and scrambled eggs. I remember eating a lot of baloney and drinking a lot of milk. And look how great we turned out :)

If it was good enough for our moms, it's good enough for me.

So we don't make a big deal out of trying new stuff. We don't make them clean there plate...I think that teaches people to over eat. We just use common sense.

And finally, clothes.

If you have ever seen our girls, then you probably know where we stand on this. As long as it fits and is "appropriate" then we are probably going to let them wear it. I really can't believe i can't find a picture that illustrates this but I can't and it's getting late. So you'll just have to take my word for it... this is sometimes not an easy one to let go!

One final thing before I end this. I vacumed this rug about an hour before this picture was taken. It's a good thing I love those girls so much :)

No comments:

Post a Comment