Wednesday, July 22, 2009

July 4th take 2...

As I live and breathe, someone in our neighborhood just shot off some fireworks, on July 22. Clutch. That just really gets me in the mood to write about our holiday in Durant. Like I said we had a great time with our family. I just love them. We always have the best time and we always laugh. Unfortunately most of my cousins were in town because their sweet granny passed away and the funeral was that weekend. I just have the best memories of my Aunt Beverly's mom and dad. It was always such a treat to get to go spend the night at their house with my cousins. Praise God that death is not final!

We didn't have a huge 4th of July party. Alivia was already in bed, so my mom stayed home with her. My dad and me took the girls to his office so we could watch fireworks from the parking lot. The idea was to be as far away from the noise as possible yet still be able to see the show. Because you see, loud noises are just one of the many things on a long list of fears for these girls.

1. Bugs of all kinds (if it even resembles a bug, but is not, say a small dark rock, it will evoke screaming, crying, and climbing up the nearest pair of adult legs)
2. Snakes (and by snakes i mean the dried up worms that you see on the street after a good rainand then a hot day)
3. Frogs (and by frogs i mean frogs)
4. Shots (of course)
5. Timon and Pumba crying at the end of "can you feel the love tonight"
6. King Triton yelling at Ariel
7. Blood
8. Washing their hair
9. Brocolli

And after today I know that they also fear my new electric drill.

So here are some pictures of us at our firework stakeout...
We had a blast. The girls were all dressed up, of course. Great weather, great fireworks. Before the fireworks, we swam. We swam a lot that week. My mom wanted me to get the girls some goggles so i scored some at walgreens that had ariel and flounder on them. The girls loved them. Abbey called them her "gobbles". She loved them so much that she even wore her "gobbles" out of the pool...And here is one tired girl...
Love ya'll, Aud :)

No comments:

Post a Comment