Thursday, July 23, 2009

Beaver's Bend

A few weeks ago, while aaron was in Houston, the family got together and went to Beavers Bend. We have gone there for as long as I can remember for family reunions, spring break, fall break, you name it. We would use any excuse to go. So, it was a lot of fun to go with the girls and show them all the places and things me and my sisters thought were so fun when we were younger. And between you and me, I'm really trying hard to "country-fy" my children. My parents got a great cabin so we were all able to stay in the same place. It was wonderful place although it did me no favors in my mission to country-fy. Here are some pictures of the trip...
Here we are, majorly overexposed and packed into the minivan like sardines. Mom and me were determined to get everything in one car.The cabin.


This is the morning after we got to the cabin. We went out to look around and stopped for a sit at the fire pit. This is classic Ainsley. Look at the amount of flesh she has in those hands. I really did not mean to capture this moment. Saving my baby's cheeks does take priority of a picture.


These are pictures of steph and her man scott fishing for crawdads. They found one. I'm sure steph will be thrilled that i posted this pic but they are just so cute i couldn't resist :)

Here we are at our nightly campfire. It was only about 110 degrees outside, but the girls were excited about it anyway. They got really good at roasting marshmallows.

This is after beth and nathan got there. The girls were very excited to see them :)

Here is alivia thinking about sticking her feet in the freezing cold water.


This is abbey in the freezing cold water. (I'm trying to be informative yet to the point. I mean this has definate clay family vacation "boring slide show" potential. Hang in there...i could have posted more ;) )

We ate breakfast on the balcony every morning. So nice. Here is Scott holding alivia while she pretends she is shy. We all know she is not. And a picture of Alivia with what i am guessing is 2 powdered donuts crammed in her mouth. That's just how she rolls.

And the girls dancing with paper plates on their heads. I will never understand why we buy expensive toys.

We had a blast and I'm so grateful we had the chance to do this!

Love, Audrey

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how big your girls are. I can't wait to see them in January!
    I'm glad you all had a good time. Its so great that you all could be there together!

    ReplyDelete